Refused to Bloom

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I think this is the final stage, finished yesterday about an hours worth. As usual, pretty scruffy and not too detailed. Dreadful light for the photo, the colours are much warmer and softer in the flesh. If I get a better photo I’ll replace this one.
This is excellent Fiona, it been really good watching it developed, I like the scruffy look it says so much it would not look right in a pretty surround.
Gorgeous.  Great composition and movement.  It's a strange light here too for photos.  Cameras overcompensate. 
This is stunning, Fiona. Love the way you painted the leaves. Are you going to post it in the gallery?
Good job Fiona, I like the offset position and the rather nice painterly brush strokes! If it were mine, which it isn’t, I would have put a few strokes of say reddish/orange terracotta colour on the darker side of the pot, just for relief and add a splash of zing!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Thank you all very much for your feedback Paul, Gudrun, Mia and Alan. Just about to put it on the Gallery Mia. It was lovely to use oils again, haven’t done anything since about January.
Fiona the colours look great on my laptop, love the way you have just enough brush strokes, not too heavy, I also am enjoying the oils, hope to see some more from you!!
Thanks Linda! This must be the eighth or ninth photo I’ve taken, I’ve tried taking it inside, outside on the windowsill ..... I gave up in the end. The colours are much warmer and softer, never mind. Thanks again Linda. 😊
Fiona I love the colours and particularly the brush strokes in the paint. Great picture!

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 2 of 2