New York, New York in the 1940's. A Third Avenue Rail System (TARS) trolley near it's carbarn on Broadway in Harlem.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Your colours are so good - and spot on, I would imagine: they certainly look it.  
Yes I agree! Excellent colours so far, it definitely has that retro feel to it. Incredible eye for accurate detail, best I’ve seen in a long time.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I suspect Alan this eye for detail might be verging on OCD!!! lol.
Most of the staircase and the elevated railway above is now finished and I have moved on to tidying up the background buildings and also done one of the cars. Really enjoying working on this picture.

Edited
by Malcolm Davies

Malcolm your patience gobsmacks me.  It’s going to be wonderful.
Thanks Sylvia. I thinks it's purely a case of I love doing paintings like this and getting the detail right so don't mind spending the time on it. I also think that like many an artist (and observer) I just get so much fun out of seeing a picture 'appear' out of the white paper.
Update on progress so far. Top part of the picture now about done and working on the cars.
Superb details Malcolm, I do not have the patience or skill , it’s so nice to watch your paintings develop.
I shall be ALMOST sorry to see the finished piece, as the stages are so fascinating to watch - this is high quality work.  
Hi! It looks gorgeous!
Lots of work gone into the streetcar itself so far and I like how it's coming along. Feel like it is really starting to come alive now.
The finishing line approaches with the painting. Some time spent trying to get the road looking right and I think it's about there. Not many more cobbles to add in, now mainly tarmac, otherwise would have been on this for ever. 

Edited
by Malcolm Davies

Showing page 2 of 4