NeckLACE (thx Robert😉)~oils study…

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
I guess what must have happened that I never knew you’ve responded to my question - most probably I forgotten to subscribe to that post, so I didn’t get notice of your keen reply! Shame on me 😉👍 You not stopping amazing me?! So you were creating animation too!!! WOW! I did as a child, you know, this simply “man walking" animation on paper pages … At some point it’s happened that there was few issues of animation exercises in youth news paper, I remember one of them was a circus jumping tiger… So the child was supposed to draw each of presented drawing of that tiger, each by each on the paper page, and at the end enjoy the full animated tiger while rushing pages with the thumb, you know… I remember it was alright, but as a kid I soon became inpatient making too many repetitive drawings, so it was fun at first, but hard work later, so my fascination ended quickly… I’ve never done anything towards animation until now, when I saw advertisement regarding new app Procreate Dreams. Yes, it requires learning curve and practice, but it simplifies the process of repetitive character drawings… Knowing of your experience I bet you could quickly figure it out if you still interested in animation Lewis. I’m using 24 frames per second, you’re correct, but there’s more frame options available too. I don’t bother now, because I’m struggling with everything and learning while following some YouTube tutorials, and my own hit or miss experience 😅 This app software is also allowing making movement of the character with simply moving the tip of your finger next to it… I have tried this feature on this example - have a look ; Watch the flower … The flower has been drawn only once Lewis, then I’ve made it animated with a touch of my finger only… The app does animation automatically, which can simplify some creation process and speed it up… And yes, I’m skipping every second or even third frame too, so for 24 frames I’m drawing only half , or even less than 12 if I sometime do draw onto third frame… This is a quick example of simply 3rd frame drawing Lewis ; Third frame drawing… What’s always been amazing me is throwing the life into drawn character, making it alive… Most probably this is why I like play on game console even at my old age now… I’m just amazed how come somebody can create a digital game that acts as if it was a real life movie (nearly as good). I still don’t have it but really going to buy the VR2 for PS5 console… I did experience the older VR model years ago… It’s basically transferring the player (you, me) into that gaming scene?! How is it possible that I can be there, walking around the digital world, touching things, opening doors, exploring environment? The technology moved on since, now the experience is oven more engaging with proper high resolution etc. It’s all thanks to animation. Timing… I’m just beginning to working on it Lewis. I’m amazed of how it’s affecting the animated effect. I wish I could practice more often, but as you’ve mentioned, there’s our busy life on the crash course… I’m doing what I can though, at least a bit here and there. I’ve found this to be great exercise to routine free hand sketching. So I can train my ball eye regarding proportion of the character, yet achieve some fun at the end while watching the bird is flying, or rat is walking 😉👍 Thank you for keen reply Lewis, I’ll try to find your earlier replies I’ve missed (sorry✌️). Best regards. Art. By the way this is my today’s effort… I haven’t put much quality effort to ,make it nicely drawn, all the exercise is meant for is to get familiar to the software, how to do things, how to make effects… Today’s effort 😅

Edited
by PogArt Ti

I’ve spent about 2h today dealing with details, it’s hardly visible I’ve improved anything, but trust me, it’s small area, but hard work was involved with great and very pointed focus… It’s basically the top of the hair, just around forehead, and the skull side, down the nose… That’s it. 2 hours gone… At least I’ve started this time consuming part of the painting, and this is the last stage to get done. So every bit I do will lead me closer to the final strokes…
Hi dear friends. Probably all of us are getting more busy at this time of December, so I’m not exempt in here. Let me take it as an excuse of not getting this painting done just yet. I’m carry on improving shadows (today’s update), the next step is maintaining highlights and adjusting the right balance around… I wish you ALL very best holiday time and a Happy and Creative New Year…

Edited
by PogArt Ti

This is excellent Art. Happy Holidays to you also.
This is excellent Art. Happy Holidays to you also.
Denise Cat on 21/12/2023 21:41:34
Thank you Denise for stepping by to post keen words. The very best wishes to you and your family too my friend ☺️
I have FINISHED this oil study. If I compare this side to side to the previous update I’m hardly seeing differences… So I’m asking myself - where two hours have gone? I was improving the light tones at those top edges of the carved hair and ribs, everywhere around basically…. Very detailed and time consuming work it seems… I know it has its flaws, and hopefully some good points too… Last time I was holding the brush and mixing oil colours was plus minus a year ago… It’s fresh photograph, no signature yet, not varnished, so I suspect the colours will be more prominent after varnishing. Thank you for all the discussion, keen support and encouraging I’ve received from you friends. Have a great family time this Holiday and a very best Happy New Year. Art.

Edited
by PogArt Ti

Beautifully done Art.
Sweet Pog....great, your perseverance is gobsmacking.  Please don't ask me to like it, as a subject I really don't.  But so well done.  
Beautifully done Art.
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 22/12/2023 21:32:45
Thank you Paul very much.
Sweet Pog....great, your perseverance is gobsmacking.  Please don't ask me to like it, as a subject I really don't.  But so well done.  
Sylvia Evans on 23/12/2023 05:32:16
I understand it’s not many people good taste, as the figurine is controversial. It seems you can be above that matter Sylvia, and post your compliments even though the subject is not what you would like to look at. Thank you for being honest. If everyone could be just honest the whole world would be a better place I believe 👍👍👍 Art.

Edited
by PogArt Ti

Showing page 4 of 4