Lincoln

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
That's  our boy - Bari the brick King.... 
LOL .  
Think  the bricks are finished making a start on the stonework...
All but done ....
The perspective works well, Bari - the cathedral pushed back.
thanks Marjorie its the first time i have tried the dot pen in that way, the only problem with finishing a drawing is you have to find another subject..
Yes…. I’m struggling with that at the moment, I want INSPIRATION!
Marjorie, think of an idea and then develop it into a series of say six or more. Similar format and subject but with variations. This could involve changes in colour, style, mood, lighting etc. Still life or a seascape perhaps in your case… it keeps a certain continuity going, one idea leads to another. You’ve still obviously got to come up with the original idea to develop. This is how I work, I’m currently on a series of ‘big skies’, I’ve painted ten so far and still inspired. I’ve taken all these skies from rapid sketches done mainly from my patio over the last year, then developed them further in oils. The composition on most of these is from imagination, mainly boats. Boats always sell really well in my local gallery, as well as local scenes of course!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

I think Alan’s suggestion is a good idea , I’m working on painting elephants in different setting and poses at the moment . As you will know I’m very much into ships , tugs etc , Alan’s idea has inspired me to do some ships and tugs in storms etc  with variations of course. Thank you  for the inspiration Mr Bickley.
The last few tweets done. And it's time to light the BBQ.
You’re very welcome Paul, hope to see some more nautical stuff from you in due course. Your boats are always excellent!
Thanks Alan, just what I needed! You've certainly given me food for thought!
Showing page 2 of 2