Learning curve.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
Raven is looking excellent Art! Shame about the kitchen but you will know a good finish takes time!
Raven is looking excellent Art! Shame about the kitchen but you will know a good finish takes time!
Tessa Gwynne on 19/02/2023 20:00:41
Thank you very much dear for complimenting  ;) Regarding kitchen - they got paid for daily shift, therefore they don't care much regarding progress, I bet, the longer it takes the more shifts they got paid? Lol... Good for them, but not too good for me regarding this prolonged mess in my house  ;)
I can sympathise Art. When we bought our present house 13 years ago we had quite a lot of work done by builders who said the work would take about three weeks. What they didn’t say was that the three weeks would be spread over about three months because they kept going to do other bigger ‘more important’ jobs elsewhere! We had no kitchen for most of this time but they did a good job in the end. Very frustrating and I remember difficult to concentrate on anything else. Obviously you are right about the daily rate, not always great. I wish you luck.
Thank you Tessa! Sorry for late reply, but I'm not visiting this forum frequently - you know the reason! I can only imagine what did you get through regarding your house! So you know it well how it is Tessa... I'm living on rubbish and dust for last 3 weeks, and just today they have managed to mount the sink and bottom cabinets... Unfortunately they left off today not checking properly the watter connection? They left us without water! The sink is done, but not water in it! My wife is losing it, I'm too. We both working morning shifts this week, so workers coming in the house, and leaving before us, so we can't check things out! It's a joke! No water... In my case, they said it's about 10 days and kitchen's done... Now we know it's a lie. They exchanged all windows and front door in one go, but said, they ran out of time to get the patio door done, so they'll come finish it today (Monday). Today I got the message they can't come being busy at other house, so need to book an appointment?! An appointment for something that was supposed to be done already? That's a joke, really. I'm losing my plot Tessa ;)
Oh no Art! So sorry to hear the mess you’re in and I can understand your frustration. Builders are a law to themselves sometimes. They say one thing and do another. That’s a generalisation I guess. There must be some who meet their target.  I will keep my fingers crossed that they get your water back on ASAP and then get on with the rest of it. We are missing your art!
We are missing your art!
Tessa Gwynne on 27/02/2023 22:59:08
That's so sweet !!! You've made my day  ;) Thank you! The water is back on - he left a message, that the pipe underneath got blocked off... Lol ;) He did made a DIY box cover to hide the pipes going down from the boiler ... I'm guessing it's the way to say sorry for the water yesterday, lol  ;) Thank you for kindness Tessa, all the best  ;)
Showing page 4 of 4