Watercolour colours

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Well said and could not agree more, it has lost it,s sparkle which is a shame and something i thought would happen? what i dont under stand is the POL team said that there was a lot of member,s who had asked this to be done, so who are they as when it first went up nearly everone was against this, If something is not resolved i can see this forum going under, is that what everyone want,s and why did it not go to a vote so we could all have our say? Thank you Thea for showing that you care, i am with you all the way on this one ! Harry,
Hi i cant see P.O team reverting back to previous forums so its a case of get on with it if you dont like it. I personaly look for posts marked as today and thats it. It is not that forums are dead, its just so many more areas to look and find new posts comments etc... The general area definetly is slower than before but the posts are now in respective links. I am now used to these forums and they arent that bad at all it just takes alot longer to surf them. Time is the main factor for me. Paul.
Like Paul I try to find the post marked as TODAY. I do love starting a THREAD when I feel motivated by one. I cannot think of the Forum dying, just slowly down, it happens on all forums. It takes only one good thread to get it going again. Watch this space... (lol)
:-S uhm...........yep i would agree it has.......but on another note the blogs are more active...........miss the old layout................ takes to long to find the lastest thread................. *-)
would be great to meet up........... (!)
O boy! Both ways of having the forum are/ were good. I'm sure the PO team were genuine in their belief that this format is what most people want/need. There are a lot of worries for everyone & maybe just now for lots of us in the UK more than there have been recently, so a measure of proportion is a good thing; eg besides what format, there are all horrendous world issues and important home ones like how are we going to pay the bills, eat, so let's be peaceful, keep a sense of proportion and good humour.(Says she, perhaps, but there you have it!) We'll need it, believe me! best wishes to all, colleen :-)
I think it's a great idea to have meet up do somewhere. a challenge to arrange though :-)
May be it would be easier for some of us if the section GENERAL DISCUSSION was at the top of the forum and the other subjects below. Just a thought. Paul is right to say that we can enjoy chatting to one another for free and to top it all you can display your artwork, exchange thoughts etc.. on our blogs and more...
yep good idea..........general discussion at top......... B-)
NO one seems to have mentioned that to view all the new posts since you last visited , all you have to do is click on New Threads at the top right. It's set up so you can see everything since YOU visited not just the new posts for the day. I don't have time to go through every single topic but I don't think I've missed any new posts since the forum changed and I quite like not having to search through everything for a specific topic..Maybe all we need in just one section called "General" or "Fits nowhere else" LOL so people can post there if they are not sure which category to use. Without going into details Harry, I am also severely disabled so my computer is a lifeline. However I'm just happy to have this forum to use, for free and to be able to get inspiration from all the wonderful artists who post here. Yes it was confusing for a few days but I have no problems with it now. Of course POL is advertising for the magazines and good luck to them; all the magazines are superb and this website is excellent. I've used or joined several other websites and forums and none are as lively as this one. SAA has posts from 3 years ago that have never had replies or comments. Well done POL .
I'm with Harry on ths one. I used to spend a lot more time chatting and reading the posts on here but it's just too much hassle to sift through all the different headings these days, therefore, I just mainly stick to the GENERAL ART DISCUSSION thread now. I think the Painters Online time should have asked for opinions before making the changes,
My above remarks about keeping a sense of proportion were not for any particular individual, & i include myself in my own advice (probably the one who needs it the most, anyway!) best wishes, colleen :$
Showing page 1 of 4