🎨 Question for artists: How do you protect your art from AI? 🤖

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
It is sad that we are becoming so suspicious of people but it a sign of the time , like a lot of other I am suspicious of people who don’t reply to comments made in the forum .  Until the add a link or start advertising etc there is nothing we can do but keep our eye on the situation. 
My first thought was that this "is" an AI trying to ask and figure out how people feel about this issue and how "it" uses the information it gets to benefit them. When I see a new user whose very first comment sounds like this, emotionless, technical, with lots of inputs, lots of informations, then I'm very careful these days... Every reasonably socialized person would first greet us, then tell us that he/she is new and has a question. When all these little social interactions are missing, my bells ring...

Edited
by Tanja G.

Totally agree, I immediately thought suspicious… unlikely that we’ll hear anything back from the author, be it a human or Bot!
Hello everyone and thank you so much for joining the discussion! My name is Lora, and I am not a bot or an AI 😅 As I mentioned in the post, I'm just starting out as an artist. I have a daytime job in IT, but I am looking to switch to full-time artistry. I'm interested in dedicating my time to learning the craft but the AI situation on the market is making me doubt I'd be able to make a living when art generators are out there stealing creative jobs. I'm just doing my research by joining forums and artist communities to learn more about art protection online these days. Sorry for giving you all the wrong impression 🙏 Just want to hear from more experienced creators and exchange experience in the field

Edited
by Lora A

Well there you are, my childlike faith in human nature justified....! Making a living from art is a massively steep hill to climb, with or without the worry of AI - to succeed, you have to be very good; very lucky in your contacts; and, sadly, very much in the currently fashionable groove.  Before you've achieved a significant measure of success, AI is unlikely to be a serious problem - the best way to protect yourself is to ensure that all of your work is distinctively signed, and that you prominently claim credit for it - fakes, forgeries, theft will then be easier to spot, and you will have a better chance of exposing them.   Some people incorporate watermarks in their work - but these can be removed by someone who knows what they're doing; and they hardly show your work off to its best advantage.  I often change my things after I've posted or otherwise shown them - not in order to foil copyists, but because I think I can do a better job; as one Mr Turner did the same, I am untroubled by doing this.. I don't think that there is one simple answer which will help, but perhaps the best bet here is to ask technical experts (and then come back and tell us what they've told you: because we'd all like to know, if there's a way forward).  
Comparatively very few artists end up making a decent living from selling their art, it’s thwarted with pitfalls from day one! It’s a very competitive market with a relatively small audience! I won’t bother elaborating further but you’ll be far too busy painting and marketing your work, that you’re unlikely to be giving AI a second thought! Sounds to me that you’re concentrating too much on problems that could happen, rather than getting on with the job in hand, which is painting and marketing. Deal with any other issues that may arise if and when they happen!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Showing page 2 of 2