New editor for The Artist magazine

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This will be of interest to some of the members. Sally Bulgin, who has been editor of the magazine for some 40 years, has now stepped down from this major role… I’m sure that I speak for many of us, that during this time, she has spearheaded a very successful magazine, and I for one wish her a long and happy retirement. It has been a pleasure to have worked with her during the past six years in my role as one of the feature writers for The Artist. Jane Stroud has now taken over the reigns as editor. Jane has moved up from contributing editor, so she is very conversant with the everyday running of the magazine, and has been with the company for a great many years. I extend my congratulations to her on this prestigious appointment and wish her well. On a personal note, I’ve found Jane to be very approachable and helpful, and I’m delighted to have her at the helm.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Congratulations and very best wishes to both for a happy and successful future.
I wish Sally a happy and fulfilled retirement and a successful and happy future for Jane.
Have a good retirement Sally and enjoy the time you can now spend doing your own thing, it won’t be long before you start to wonder how you ever fitted work into your life.  Jane congratulations on take the top job I’m sure you will make a successful job of editing the Artist. 
A long and worthwhile stint, best wishes to Dr Bulgin and welcome to Ms Stroud.