Plein Air Problem

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I appreciate all your advice. In the end I opted for acrylic. Beautiful day in Memorial Park in Padiham. The result is in the gallery on POL under that title. Reasonably pleased with it. 
Probably a smart move John, but one you were pretty much forced to make by inept organisers! Glad you had a successful day nonetheless! Just found it on page two, I’d be tempted to put it on again, sometimes they get pushed off the page rather quickly - worthy of more interest for sure!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Thanks, Alan. I’ll take your advice 
I'm enjoying painting en plein air with oils this summer.   I like to use knives and impasto techniques, and I also like to use floater frames - but I wouldn't dream of framing or exhibiting an oil painting until it was fully dry and "cured".   I have a few recent pieces drying in my craft room at the moment, which I'll frame towards the end of the year.  Working in acrylic was a better alternative for your plein air competition. By the way - Jacksons do a good range of floater frames for stretched canvases and boards in standard sizes.
Showing page 2 of 2