Isle of Skye, WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
Absolutely brilliant Linda, the whole painting is so good and the three gull add that bit of life to it. I always do odd number 3-5 etc when painting bird into a scene, bit like flowers in the garden odd seems better.
Oh yes Linda, a complete success! Your choice and placement of the gulls is an excellent move, it’s a painting of atmosphere and harmony. Hope you’re chuffed.
Thanks to you all for your encouragement, I did think i'd lost the plot for a while!!! that's one thing about oils they are very forgiving, can't wait to start on my next one now!!!! Now I need to remember my password I altered it that many times when the new site was set up I don't know what it is any more,  for some reason I can't get into POL on my phone but I can on my laptop.
Beautiful!
Brilliant painting Linda, well done.  I'm also trying a Skye picture from a photo reference I took when we were there a couple of years back . Still a wip but all comments welcome. 
Sorry about the rubbish photo, and it's on its side 😂 
Hi Jim, thanks for taking a look, I do like the different angle (no pun intended lol) of you painting, I shall look forward to seeing you progress. Is it acrylic or oils?
Hi Jim, thanks for taking a look, I do like the different angle (no pun intended lol) of you painting, I shall look forward to seeing you progress. Is it acrylic or oils?
Linda Drury on 24/05/2020 08:47:11
It's oil Linda, so it takes me forever to finish anything. Usually though I'll have two or three paintings 'on the go'. 
Showing page 4 of 4