June 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 5
June 25 is World Beatles Day so this month's challenge is paint anything to do with 'The Beatles' or 'beetles' - the choice is yours!
June slipped off the radar before May was out! Hope you enjoy this month's challenge.
I'm not enormously keen on either, frankly. Love, love me do - thank you, but I'd really rather not.  
In 1963 my best friend and I slept on the pavement for 2 nights to get tickets for the Beatles at the City Hall in Newcastle. We started off the queue, which ended up being over a mile long. Our friends joined us and when our names were in the paper we got warning letters from school….can’t remember why, maybe they were school days but I don’t think so😆. Front row seats, such a thrill at that age! We didn’t scream but we still couldn’t hear the music. It’s still a wonderful memory. Northern groups came into their own then and regional accents became the thing to have. Great memories!

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Could be the verb: to beetle as in: I'm beetling off to the kitchen to put the kettle on. On the gas that is - It's too small for me - I'm 43ins chest.
This is my only Beatles themed painting - don’t usually do portraits, it was an art club exercise years ago.  Will try to do a new one for the challenge. Your outing to see the Beatles, Marjorie, must have been exciting.  (My husband did speak to Paul McCartney once - he was working for 10cc helping them build a new recording studio when Paul called - seemed quite exciting at the time!)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I’m hoping to skew this into my comfort zone, a friend of mine has taken a fantastic photo of a male Swollen Thigh Beetle (yes, really) hoping to get his permission. Hello, by the way, been off-line for a while x
Or, should anyone choose to attempt it - there's the Volkswagen Beetle. Or ladybirds are beetles: at least, I think they are.  They're not birds, anyway.  
Jenny, that’s a terrific John, by the way.
I like your John Lennon Jenny.... I'm actually old enough to remember them as the Silver Beatles in Knotty Ash in Liverpool .  I was training down the road....will see what I can come up with....
Do it Robert...do it.
So good to see you back on line Katy , hope all is well with you .
Showing page 1 of 5