June 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 5
Thank you Sylvia. I did it late last night.  There was a lot of erasing. However my husband saw it when he came down this morning and asked if it was John Lennon .... so I feel a bit happier with it. 
Good drawing Janis, I would say it looks like Lennon.
Thought I would think outside the box so this is a Beatles Song. Not the best art I have produced but it is a sketch and watercolour wash
Eleanor Rigby ..actually a good idea to illustrate songs...who is for Yellow Submarine on Penny Lane ....imagine it. 
Sounds like a great idea Sylvia. Gillian good thinking and a very thoughtfully put together sketch. I like the words included.
Some great portraits so far and good to see an interpretation of song lyrics too - didn't think of that one! No beetles yet though?
Another couple of 'Beatle' sketches
I think your ‘Paul’ charcoal is excellent Denise! Good idea with Eleanor Rigby Gillian, that widens the scope a bit.
This might be cheating a little bit as I did this a while ago 😊 The Beatles brought out an album in the early 60’s called With the Beatles’, which I played over and over as a lad. This is done whith torn pieces of paper from magazines and stuck on a card and I did include Ringo Denise! I will have a go at this challenge though.

Edited
by Frank Bingley

This looks great Frank, my daughter has asked for mine so I might try and fit Ringo on for her.
A few days ago, I looked at what was happening this month. I found it interesting, but wasn't sure I wanted to paint yet another Beatles image. Til I read Robert's take. Beatle, Beetle, Hmmm. The spark hit me yesterday. Here is my WIP...
The Title is "Saint John".
Showing page 3 of 5