July 2021 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
This is interesting and colourful, Fiona - love the little mouse hiding in the corner!  (Yes, the story is quite dark and scary in places, not really suitable for very young children, despite the rather light hearted title!)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

(This was a duplicate post, not sure why it does that sometimes.)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Most fairy tails have a dark side to them and many were originally written for adults . I don’t know when they became children’s stories but suspect it was after the Victorian period. Some of the original versions are very dark , I think it’s only modern understand that makes them less scary. They were probably the original fantasy stories, elves, dragons, goblins etc.
Thinking about the dark stories..I did this drawing from an old engraving I found, it's called 'the story teller' and depicts how he brings the books to life.
As an avid reader of science fiction my journey down the rabbit hole would end in a wormhole.
Love your pictures Fiona & Bari.  Lots to look at and enjoy in all three.   Inspired by the down the rabbit hole prompt, I enjoyed drawing the rabbit within the black concertina sketchbook, and decided to continue on with a cartoon character theme.  This is how it is currently looking.
I don't get to this area very often. However, this month's theme got my motor running...This is my idea for the "Hookah Cheshire".
Love your blurry eyed Cheshire Cat, Skylar.  He looks completely zonked out.
He's chillaxing Skylar. Love your drawings Carrie.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Crap spam 
Showing page 2 of 2