January 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 4
...reminds me of another century, when my school reports said 'could do better'...but if we didn't think we couldn't do better, what would be the point of another drawing?
Lewis Cooper on 05/01/2023 07:12:57
I like the point you've mention in here ;)
but figured any start is better than no start at all. 
Collette Hughes on 03/01/2023 21:46:47
I do agree Collette ;)
This thread seems to have faded off the front page, so here’s one to resurrect it! Imaginary landscape using a larger brush than usual and keeping it loose.
Lovely movement and colours Tessa.
Here's my first January painting, an oil 36" x 36", based on memories of the snow we had before Christmas in Winchcombe, Cotswolds, where I am lucky to live. I'm going to soften the church now, it's too sharp, otherwise I'm pleased with it even if it is a bit chocolate-boxy!
Have deleted comment 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Here's my first January painting, an oil 36" x 36", based on memories of the snow we had before Christmas in Winchcombe, Cotswolds, where I am lucky to live. I'm going to soften the church now, it's too sharp, otherwise I'm pleased with it even if it is a bit chocolate-boxy!
Barbara Curry on 13/01/2023 19:39:16
Really like the blue & white tones in this, which enhance the feeling of bitter cold.  Great work.

Edited
by Norrette Moore

Barbara Curry on 13/01/2023 19:39:16
Very nice painting Barbara, nothing chocolate boxy about that, just very good painting !!
I'm a bit late to the party!  I began this pastel landscape of St Ives between Christmas and the New Year and finished it on January 6th. between Christmas and New 
Great work, everyone. Better late than never, Bobbie, the water looks lovely. I see Pog has brought forward your collage papers, Collette. Have you tried Japanese marbling (suminagashi)? I've done some marbling in the distant past, but this looks fun and very beautiful. I've seen one form of marbling done with shaving foam and food colouring. I'll be trying this.
I think this is the right place to put my January sketches of Wine lodges in South Africa.
Showing page 3 of 4