January 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
That's...haven't!!  (It's great to be senile.)
Lew - it's the ONLY way to be.  
Happy New Year everyone!  Haven’t painted in what seems like ages - have been concentrating on linocuts recently - and not one for sketching (must try this year) but have today done this quick collage from my box of collage bits and pieces.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Happy New Year everyone. Jenny I've been just the same, I've hardly done any painting but I wasn't otherwise diverted, I just couldn't get going.  It really got me down. Coincidentally I decided I would do some collage papers today. Did 16 of them on PH neutral tissue with Golden high flow on a Gelli plate. Not sure what I'm going to do with them but figured any start is better than no start at all. 

Edited
by Collette Hughes

Happy new year to you all. I started this over NY, but now have the plague, so it may be some time before I get back to it. It’s my cat Vinnie, doing his favourite thing - hibernating under a duvet

Edited
by Helen Martell

That’s a lovely start Helen. Sorry to hear you have the plague! We are just getting over it and going stir crazy wanting to get out of the house. Hope you’ll be feeling better soon.
He's wonderful Helen, hope you feel better soon.
Some excellent paintings posted despite most people feeling unwell . I have sketched quite a bit over the Christmas and New  Year , this is my first watercolour this year done in short bursts over a few days. 
Happy new year to you all. I started this over NY. Helen Martell on 03/01/2023 22:06:38
Lovely pose so your Vinnie cat ;) Happy New 2023 to you too Helen  ;)

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 04/01/2023 14:02:10
Nice view Paul ;)

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

I've had a week not doing anything.  Rare for me, I like to do something every day even if it's only a 20 minute sketch.  Prompted by all the excellent activity on this thread I sat down in front of a brand new sketchbook.  Mind a blank.  Knowing that if I spent too much time dithering about what to draw, I'd slink off and do nothing.  This sketchbook is intended to have more fully worked pics, so I thought I'd do a title page... ...reminds me of another century, when my school reports said 'could do better'...but if we didn't think we couldn't do better, what would be the point of another drawing?
I posted this on the gallery but as I completed it on Jan 1st it seems appropriate to add it here as well as my first painting of the year. It shows a B1 locomotive at Melton Mowbray joint station in the winter of 1947.  Covering the tracks with snow is so much easier than painting all that detail! Peter
Showing page 2 of 4