February 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 6
Wow!!
Thanks, Marjorie, I like your glass work, impressive. Beautiful, Linda. I remember the challenge, Sylvia, I think you posted sunlit irises in your garden. I haven't finished my little violet, yet, just for now- This was painted from a trompe l'oeil feature in the L.P, 2016. Where has the time gone.

Edited
by Carol Jones

From a photo I took a few years ago. Two were bought figs, the other pair we picked. Colours used were Winsor violet, Mars violet, Indigo, White ( Titanium and Warm) and a touch of Indian red,Naples yellow and Turquoise.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Jumping on Marjorie figs ...glad she are them they are luscious .  I rooted out some figs of my own from a time back.
I rather like the lack of background Sylvia.
Such wonderful colours in your Figs ladies. A loose and scribbly effort from me of violets. I might have a go with oils later.
Oh Fiona...I just love those .
Gawd, you're a talented lot!  Love all of these, and Fiona - let loose, ducks!  I'd enjoy seeing your oil version.  
As usual, this forum has some of the best images! Here's my attempt...
Oh...yes Skylar.  That's gorgeous.
Skylar's work is a good example of colour making texture - the way the pure white blends into soft blue gives you a great sense of shape of the flower, without harsh demarcation lines.  I don't know if this is one of his digital works, or a physical painting, and for once I don't care!  Sylvia used the word 'gorgeous', and - that's what it is. 
Showing page 3 of 6