February 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 6
Well the irises seem to be a popular subject. They are one of my favourite flowers great work everyone!
More irises Gillian. It's the first time I've had my oils out since I moved house. My garden room is coming Friday so I think it will be the following weekend before I get blinds in and move all my equipment into it. So I've enjoyed doing this in oils this afternoon for the challenge although I did finish it in the dark and think I went over some of it.
An old one while I put my thinking cap on. Cranesbill geranium.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Not a new one but it fits the challenge
This seems to have turned into an Iris fest...another of mine done an age ago...we obviously all love Iris so many lovely Ones on

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Lovely work, everyone. I started some violets this evening. Will post tomorrow.
Sylvia, that’s one of your most beautiful paintings.  Everyone is producing some good stuff.
Thank you Marjorie.  It has a sad ending.  I sold it ...great...then about a year later I had an email from the person who has bought it.  I had been hung on her wall and had virtually vanished. Faded away in the sunlight, I thought I had used Brusho ink but later realised I had used a sort of sketch book inky stuff. Looked great when finished but lasted about a year . She sent i5 back to me to show me, I was mortified.  So re did it in Acrylic.   Note to self , be very aware to use only good stuff for paintings to be sold. Luckily I have the photographs. 
It is a beauty, Sylvia. I can remember you gave us an Iris challenge, 2018, I'm sure many of us kept our paintings. This was my effort plus verse.
Did I Carol? .  That is rather beautiful.   Funnily enough I am  doing a Yupo Demo this morning to an art group I will once more be using Iris. I think they really are one of the loveliest of flowers. 
That’s lovely, Carol….and yes, I remember the saga now Sylvia.
And here is one I did earlier.
Showing page 2 of 6