February 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 6
Well this year certainly got off to a creative start! How about this for your next challenge: The February flowers of the month are violet and iris - both beautiful shades of violets and blues - and we hope you will be inspired to either paint these spring flowers or any subject of your choice but using just the colours of these two plants.
Blimey, January soon went by! Great challenge Dawn, it isn’t a flower but a study in one colour which is Indigo. It’s a tonal exercise and the image is one of VanGogh’s olive grove paintings……which is in colour.
Well that was quick of the mark Fiona! Love it!
Lol…..I did it a couple of days ago, must have had a premonition of your February challenge! 
You have certainly captured the style. Lovely movement, Fiona. I thought Van Gogh before I read your text. It has an energy.

Edited
by Carol Jones

I only did this last year so an apology for showing again but it fits the bill.  I did this on Yupo for fun.also a very favourite flower. 
A beauty, Sylvia.
Not created this month but fits the bill!
Not a new one, a monotype print done years ago, but it is blue!  Will try to do a new one for the challenge.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Lovely work, girls.
I remembered Van Goch and his iris painting, so this is a small oil based on that. Also a very abstract version using up the paint.
Blimey, it's still the first and look at you all! 
Showing page 1 of 6