December 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
A little warmth for the heart, a little kitsch for the eyes, a little glitter for the mind:) this is December:)
That’s lovely Tanja. Is it ink or paint?
Thank you Tessa:) it is completly all watercolour. What you mean with paint? yes, i've painted:) (sorry my english bad)
It’s just right for this time of the year Tanja - a bit of cheerful fun, lovely and bright.
Full of sparkle Tanja. Perfect.
Another image conjured by the poem...
I was looking for colour on a very grey winter walk in early January 2021 when we were locked down and everything was frozen solid.  I spotted some rosehips along the edge of an iced over duckpond and took some photos which I turned into this little acrylic painting a couple of weeks later.  I sold it at h.Art (Herefordshire Art Week) a couple of months ago.  Although this piece fits the bill in terms of the December poem challenge, I was actually thinking about a different poem by Edmund Blunden called "Midnight Skaters" when I painted it.   
It works well Bobbie. Constable used to drop a splash of red into his paintings his worked well as well,
Not much sign of spring breaking through here, so not really echoing the sentiments of the poem.  Just a chance to do some painting before all the madness of Christmas week.
Showing page 2 of 2