April 2021 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Great design Jenny, what a good idea to lay it out in this style.
great painting Jenny. I had ago at the new decimal coins, |I will point out that I drew all coins the same size to make it easier.

Edited
by Alan Beresford

This is good, Alan, lovely drawing and very effective colouring.
Good ones Skylar, Jenny and Alan. I’ve taken a different slant on decimalisation, a coloured pencil drawing - ‘Decimal Only’ it must have been very difficult for older people to get the hang of it at first, I was still at school so we had been prepared.
Looks as though it's also 50 years of the Mr Men books with some celebration coins available! https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/mr-men-little-miss/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmIuDBhDXARIsAFITC_6EOPKzulTuR1mih41zB2VH6UrqzSkthPvLLkzONU-E35V4Qo70jUsaAhd1EALw_wcB
Painters-Online Team on 30/03/2021 11:45:56
Here is my version of the mr men and Little Miss coins.
Some thing else with a 70's theme favourite tv cars.

Edited
by Alan Beresford

huh, this is an interesting concept. I have rarely seen paintings or sketches of coins. they are probably the most underrated subjects. however, i have seen paintings being done on coins, check out this Pinterest page

Edited
by Mia Turner

This isn’t a new one, but was done as a Hockney inspired 70s style painting and hopefully fits the challenge.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I love that Jenny.
Here is my contribution, it was fun doing coins.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Oh well done Alan and Denise!  Love the figure of Britannia, and I can tell you for nothing - I wouldn't even have tried to do that!  
Showing page 2 of 4