April 2021 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
This year sees the 50th anniversary of decimilisation in the UK. For April, try painting money or coins or, if you fancy it, something else in a 70s style.
Dawn, this is an interesting challenge, but it dropped out of sight almost as soon as it was posted - maybe you need to keep reinstating it - would be a shame if the challenges faded away because not enough people are aware of them.  I’ve just started working on my entry!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Thanks Jenny. I will have to keep an eye on these threads and add some sort of comment if they start to disappear! Good to see the forum so active though.
Try painting coins?   But I've nothing to use as models.....
You could always paint those magic bits of plastic we all carry these days Robert - I have forgotten what cash actually looks like these days!
Interesting idea!   I'm basically just posting so more folk see it - need to go and have a wee think.
This does sound interesting. Can’t believe how quick this month has been, I did intend to do something for the March challenge but only four and a half hours to go and it’s passed wine o’clock so not going to happen!
I will be having a try at this challenge. I don't know which to do first, this, or the guess who portrait. 
This is sort of a cheat - I did a painting back in 2019 of this subject matter. Here is a crop from that image...
This sounds interesting 🤔 
My first attempt at this challenge - thought I’d mix the coin idea, using a three pence piece design, painted in a 70s Warhol style format.  The idea sounded simple enough, but took ages to do!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Showing page 1 of 4