Unexpected Error

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I'm trying to post on the gallery and unexpected error keeps coming up. Anyone else experiencing this. I've logged off and in again.j
Denise Cat on 15/02/2024 11:19:48
Good afternoon Denise, I have traced the error on your attempted gallery uploads and the error message suggests your browser had a stale or blocked anti-forgery cookie. The anti-forgery cookie is a security mechanism to prevent automated bots (spammers) from posting messages on websites. If your browser is blocking cookies, you will not be able to upload images. You can use this link to check if your browser has cookies enabled: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/are-cookies-enabled . If cookies are enabled, perhaps you accidentally blocked them in the "advertising consent options" (see the bottom of the page). Another thing to check is Browser plugins such as security and ad-blockers. 
I know Dawn isn’t in work till Monday but I will leave her a messages asking her to look at the problems as soon as possible. One of the technicians might have seen the issue before then with luck . 
Paul - I think Mark Taylor is one of the technicians - I'm not a technician (by a very long shot) but what he says makes sense to me: cookies play an important part in accessing websites, which is why I don't block them - it may well be that some computers block them without their owner being aware; I know you know this, and I do see that you and Mark posted at almost exactly the same time, so you won't have seen his reply when you wrote yours.  
Hello Denise and Co. - I have just managed to post on the gallery after getting the 'unexpected error ' message several times this afternoon. This was without having to check my cookies thank goodness! Give it a try now, fingers crossed for you.
Yes, it's working Sarah.
All back to normal, thank goodness. At least it wasn't just me..(-:
Showing page 2 of 2