Too many Pop Up Ads...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This site feels like it is becoming too trashed up with pop up ads...
I agree Eric, I've put a post to follow up on the Forum user guide.

Edited
by Peter Smith

In case it helps, I use Firefox in 'strict' mode (ie no cookies) and I don't get any popups. I also enable the 'block popups' checkbox. Worth a punt maybe.

Edited
by Martin Cooke

I don't find them a problem, far worse on other  sites  .some time ago POL  asked about advertising as  the  alternative would have been to close the forum.  
No problem here
I did  have a few popping up but wasn’t to bother as the site makes money to off set the running coast . I had a update today that seems to have eradicated the adverts .?
I haven’t had any pop up ad issues lately (although haven’t been on much!). And I don’t have any specific settings that I know of!
I am also not facing any pop-up ads issue. For an easy way to find the right essay writing service, check out https://letsgradeit.com/review/ukessays/. This will offers detailed evaluations and reviews that make it simple to choose the perfect service for your needs. It's like a guide that helps you pick the best option by providing all the information you need in one place.

Edited
by Ahmed Reese

I am, a large ad (which is irrelevant in content) always appears before I can enter the gallery.  Once cleared it goes away.  annoying (sorry POL)
Like Heather, I’m getting a large pop-up when I enter the gallery and randomly in other areas.  Very irritating!
I am too. Maybe we just have to live with it.
I  understands that it can be irritating and be frustrating but it’s one way of the sites being able to generate income as you know . I’m willing to put up with it if it keep the cost of maintaining the site and keeps it free for some .