Thank you..

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
To those who replied to me recent p.c problem post. Not sure what wen't wrong (sufficint to say it was Microsoft) but my son fixed it.  Seems I now have an uprated version of Painters Online and I need time to get used to it. I'm being told I can't post more than One image as I've exceeded my daily allowance? Not sure how as I've only posted one image (twice by mistake),in the last few days. but thankful for small mercies. My !Edit my images" seems to have disappeared from the submit page?  Jim.
The ways of Microsoft are beyond the ken of the average human: clearly your son is above average - they have baffled me in the past....  Hope everything is now working well for you: I confess to getting into a bit of a state about computers now and then: silly of me, of course, but I found myself yelling at the computer a few days ago "Why can't you just explain what I'm supposed to do in basic English without all this jargon?" - naturally, the computer just sat there, defiantly. 

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

Whenever I’m stumped by anything internet related… I just hand the device to anyone under the age of 8 to solve!
Robert's comment rang a loud bell with me.  I often find myself cursing darkly at my PC, and sometimes I'm certain I can hear it sniggering.  Yes...I know...my imagination.  But it leaves me wondering if that will really happen in the future, if some jokey programmer gets his/her way.   I have to admit a lot of this new tech is good.  My old TV set starting blowing raspberries at me, so I had to get a new one.  It's great.  I can press a button and speak into a microphone on the remote and tell it to do things.  I have 4 forms of sound outlet on it...the TV's sound (never great), a sound bar (much better), headphones (for me, better still), and now at last a bluetooth connection straight into my hearing aids (great).  All this means I have to tell it which sound I want...I speak into the remote...'HEADPHONES'...and a woman's voice says 'OK, I'm switching the sound output to headphones.'  This means I don't have to press buttons about four times for the same result.   Pretty soon I'll get a black belt as a couch-potato. How much further down the line will all this tech start to get critical?   Me...speaking to remote...'THE THIRD MAN'...the remote...'DO YOU REALLY WANT TO WATCH THAT OLD TOSH?'
I hate technology when it’s not playing the game  , best thing I’ve found I’d to give it to my twelve year old granddaughter and simply say help. She soon has it sorted out absolute genius with my iPad, she gets it doing thing I did not know it could , but then if you have been brought up with it it’s comes easy I suspect. Apparently it’s easy to tell I come from a military background when the iPad isn’t doing what I want it too, apart from the unsavoury language I start giving it order , stand  still you stupid think , get yourself sorted out will you , fortunately it doesn’t answer back and hasn’t reported me for being abusive , well not yet.  A friend of mine lives very happily with his old radio , record player and books , he thinks it’s high tech in the kitchen as they have just bought a very basic microwave. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Glad you got it sorted, Jim. Bluetooth telly direct to headphones, Lewis? Sounds wonderful.  I will go shopping before next years BBC Proms. (Full volume without upsetting the neighbours! )
Norrette, just to be clear, I have my hearing aids connected to the tv by bluetooth.  I needed a gadget called a TV streamer for this...more expense, but well worth it.  Mine are set up so the tv speakers aren't on when using the hearing aid streamer, I turn the volume up or down on my aids.  Great, don't really need headphones now.  You can connect speakers via bluetooth, but I haven't bothered with that. Bluetooth, streamers...anybody could be fooled into thinking I know what I'm talking about.  But the bluetooth sound out direct to my hearing aids is great.
Thanks, Lewis. I can imagine the technology would be similar to linking to Bluetooth headphones...I think they call them Buds, I know they call them expensive though!
"The chances of anything coming from Microsoft"......is suddenly not sounding quite so million to one. They're already here....he said... I actually think Microsoft is ground control for a trial invasion force against the note-book and pen warriors and Richard Branson (real name Major Tom)has already booked his passage to the moon, presumably to direct operations. I  used to rate Dan Dare in the same category as Narnia;  Now, I'm not quite so dismissive.  Man has already reached the moon and I'm wary of any wardrobes that are not made of Contiboard with plastic handles. I've always been a bit uncertain about fairies mind, one never actually knows, does one? Somehow, I think they may be friendly?  (-: