Painting storage

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I hang them on a rail, coathangers! Glassine in between some. You could double it up too. Face paintings on each side of glassine. 
I’ll give that glassine a try, it sounds very good! Even suitable for pastels - Amazon also sell it… 
I’ll give that glassine a try, it sounds very good! Even suitable for pastels - Amazon also sell it… 
Alan Bickley on 31/12/2023 11:30:21
Don’t make the mistake of buying tracing paper, as some have! Having said that, with old work that’s dry, clip coat hangers can handle five or six pictures. Glassine can be saved for newer work.  After all that, I’m starting to paint over older work, too embarrassing to even give away in my view . 
Coat hangers Martin, that’s a thought! I’m also painting over some of my old stuff.
Coat hangers Martin, that’s a thought! I’m also painting over some of my old stuff.
Tessa Gwynne on 31/12/2023 12:25:00
Yeah, I find them great. My wife’s idea. Get the clip ones. You could hang them on the coat hanger and from a hook. Saves loads of space in my veiw
I see what you mean. Thanks for the tip.
Tessa: Yes I use glassine for oils, acrylic and oil & cold wax that I've done on wood, big ones that I have no option but to stack.  Martin: I use hangers too, the sort with clips. I like to paint on canvas cut from a roll and taped to a board. The hanger is only clipped against unpainted canvas. I hang them up on a clothes rail. I glue them to panels if I have a buyer or want to exhibit them. 
Thanks Collette. I think I will try some. 
Showing page 2 of 2