...or is it just "painted off"?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
And here is the trailer! IT’S ON TONIGHT AT 8.30pm, BBC One. @Repost from @bbcarts 🎨 Adebanji Alade, President of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters, is tasked with portraying three generations of the Edwards family who are all dedicated to serving the NHS. 📺 Watch Extraordinary Portraits with @billbaileyofficial; Monday at 8:30pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer #bbc #bbcarts #NHS75 #extraordinaryportraits #painting #billbailey #adebanjialade #addictivesketcher PLEASE SHARE, LIKE, COMMENT with your friends and family.
I've just this minute watched it - I've not necessarily much enjoyed previous shows in this series, for various reasons I won't bang on about, though basically - because it's feel-good TV which does nothing at all to examine the processes involved.  However, Adebanji lifts this one right out of the rut - he's a deeply serious, deeply intelligent, deeply moral and caring man: and, of course, a fantastic artist, of massive enthusiasm and empathy.   As for the subjects of his painting - without people like these, the NHS would have collapsed decades ago: we should be proud of them, as Adebani Alade so very obviously is.   I would have hoped for a more ... I don't know: intelligent programme?  But such as it was, it was heart-warming. 
I haven't seen it yet as I don't watch regular TV.  But will search tomorrow.
I go to the BBC website and download the programme when it's available - the thought of ploughing through their regular schedule of programmes is, I fear, not for me.  This particular series is, frankly, generally dispiriting, despite being fronted by Bill Bailey - I suspect only Adebanji could have lifted it out of the rut of dross. 
Thanks Robert...will do. 
Thanks, Sylvia, I missed this post and the programme.  Thankfully, I can find it online.  Perhaps we could have a fixed thread on what's coming up on telly, or film? Especially with respect to skyarts which requires a subscription for catch-up viewing. (though of course, like buses, a repeat eventually comes along.) I'd recommend the Vermeer film recently made by Exhibition on Film, which is on release again to cinemas around the country, I believe.
Showing page 6 of 6