July Sketch, Paint,Gossip, a day

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 5
Sooooo hot .  Did this little sketch from a photo I took of our local post box.  It is such a pretty box and someone had added wild flowers and a bench.  .  

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Nice little sketch Sylvia, I have quite a collection of rural Post box photos I've taken on our weekly walks.
Great sketching everyone. I am still searching for my mojo which appears to be hiding somewhere elusive to me!  Despite this I still love to see what you have all been up too so I pop into the forum regularly  to keep up to date! 
I think the heat is getting to everyone at the moment, I’m feeling very lethargic and the paint is drying so quickly. Basic sketch for a painting in going to start and painting in between hiding in the shade.
Well today isn’t great weather wise here in Orkney but yesterday was lovely so here’s yesterday’s sketch in my garden
Nice to see you sketching Gillian . A watercolour sketch from me using up odd bits of paper,  not a lot of detailing . Thames sailing barges loading sand as ballast and to sell later.
Ive not been on the forum for a long time this is due to my husbands ill health.  He suffered a stroke and we are just now picking up the pieces.  I often look in to enjoy your sketches and work on the gallery but not able to commit to any artwork at this time.
Hilary, I am so sorry to hear your husband has had a stroke. I do wish him a speedy recovery. I think sometimes with the brain it can be a bit of a wobbly road to recovery, I say this because I had brain surgery a couple of years ago but you do get there. I'm sure you and your husband will pick up the pieces and go forward.
Best wishes to you and your husband Hillary, hope he recovery soon . 
Best wishes to you and your husband Hillary, hope he recovery soon . 
All the best , Hillary.
Sending you both my very best wishes Hilary, hope all goes well with your husband’s recovery.
Showing page 4 of 5