A Query on Sales through this site

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have been emailed by someone asking to buy my artwork, although I have not stated any is for sale. I was under the impression you had to take out Studio Membership in order to offer items for sale. I am puzzled as the person approached me via this site and has just given the subject she is interested in as 'Painters'. Is this usual?  I am perhaps wary as I didn't say anything was for sale, nor did I mention a price. Thank you.
There is a new member who is approaching us all to buy artwork . Look at the thread in the forum MFT , it a very dodgy request. You will loose out but do read the discussion.
Thanks Paul, I will have a look.
This new member has now been locked out of her account… she’ll probably reappear again in a different guise but we’ll deal with this again if or when this happens!
Thanks Alan.  I must admit that alarm bells rang when I googled her name and read she is a 'cryptocurrency enthusiasist'.
She also worked for a South African company who are into internet sales etc . I emailed Dawn this afternoon and expressed my concerns about her and the potential risk to POLs reputation, shortly after Dawn email use to say she had blocked her account. As Dawn and Alan said it may be a short respite she could come back under another name , however we know to look out for her . I think I was one of the first she approached and her I initial email did seem like a genuine approach with regards to buying a painting, it wax the second one that set my bells ringing . Fortunately both Alan and Robert were able to,advice and give me information. Please anyone who is a approached let us know , and don’t rush into selling anything Until you have cheeked it out , ultimately it’s your choice if you wish to sell but don’t be ripped off . 
I think she has resurfaced as Sarah Alrose purporting to be a member interested in buying. All sounds very suspicious 🤔
Thank you Brian we are aware of Sarah Alrose she is the person we are  referring to in the earlier posts . Dawn who is the POL editor bolocked her account yesterday so hopefully she won’t appear under that name all of the moderators will be keeping a eye out for any repetition under any name in addition to the usual spam.