Two paintings for northlight and Alan

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Paintings as requested. More to follow if required, . Be gentle with me. Only been painting 4 months. cheers Peter.
Well done. Nice attempts . It's a good idea to actually post on the main gallery also to state what the medium is. A title , and maybe the size. That way you will get ( or usually) comments from a wider audience than you find here. Posting on the gallery will also give you confidence .
Well done, Peter. I like your waterfall - you've managed to get a real sense of movement into the water, which isn't easy. The balance of lights and darks is good and gives a real feeling of atmosphere and mystery. I'll echo Sylvia's advice & say do post work on the gallery. I'd suggest that, if you'd welcome more detailed comments than a bland "I like it", then make sure the title of your post makes it clear. I've had very useful advice and suggestions by including "thoughts and advice welcome" or somesuch in the title. Of course, you might not want to invite critical comments! But if you do, rest assured that they will be made in a positive, constructive way. You might get something like "I think the foreground is a bit too detailed and distracts from the main subject". You will need to ask for it, though, as people are naturally reluctant to say anything that might be taken the wrong way & damage confidence.
Well, Peter, we have at last established who you are, and I also take this opportunity to welcome you to the site. That is very constructive advice from both Sylvia and Bill and there isn't a lot more that I can add to it, apart from saying that all comments and criticism will be given honestly by myself, as I am sure this will be the case of other members. Perhaps if you start your gallery off by posting these two again, and they MUST be the right way up, or people will probably not bother commenting, I know that I won't, so get that small gremlin sorted. Once again Welcome, and I hope that you will enjoy the benefits of being part of this superb online website.