More drawings on the Gallery? Or no?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I often put my drawings on the gallery and I consider them always as finished. Although I call them ‘sketches’, they are finished ink drawings. Here is an example.
Mine are nowhere near as finished as Mia's - I've shown a few of them, though; e.g. I posted my drawing in ink and crayon of the Carisbrooke Castle gatehouse the other day (yesterday?  Time don't 'alf fly...); I wouldn't say it's finished to studio standards, as it were; indeed, it plainly isn't - but either because I'm lazy or because I like drawings to be rough and ragged around the edges, I thought I'd like to share it.  That was a fairly clear-cut case - others are far less so, for many of the reasons others have given here. Over-thinking is me all over!  I've no hestitation in agreeing with that; also, that there's no rule, or need for one; and that one way or the other we all draw - just not always with charcoal, pencil or pen - the paintings I tend to like most are those "drawn" with colour and brushwork - disentangling definitions is a harder job than I might have thought when first raising this subject.... anyway, I'll put a few of my drawings on the Gallery and see how they fare; makes more sense than waffling on, anyway!
I often put my drawings on the gallery and I consider them always as finished. Although I call them ‘sketches’, they are finished ink drawings. Here is an example.
Mia Ketels on 22/10/2023 08:42:44
Perfect example and lovely drawing!
I'm usually more attracted to the loose sketches from artists than some of their more finished pieces.  Wonderful drawings posted in this thread by the way. Here's a simple one I made for my wife on mothers day.
Reading this thread again I find myself wanting more. Could we maybe just start a thread where people can post their sketches and less ambitious bits?    
We had a thread running for quite a long time sketch a day it was started so that people could add a simple sketch . After a long while it stared to falter and eventually just passed away . You could try starting it up again . 
We had a thread running for quite a long time sketch a day it was started so that people could add a simple sketch . After a long while it stared to falter and eventually just passed away . You could try starting it up again . 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 09/11/2023 21:24:23
I see. Yes well I might have go at starting one tomorrow then. I'll inevitable set a low and squiggly standard. 
Deleted

Edited
by Alan Morris

Sketch a day  is a great way to improve our drawing skills. I kept it going for a  couple of years . last month there were only a few posts and I hadn’t posted for this month. SoI have posted a new thread! Hopefully you. will join in the challenge!
Showing page 2 of 2