Inspiration from Artists Wk 73 : Steve Hall and Colin Verity

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Thank you for your interesting introductions Alan and Paul. I especially like Steve Hall's pastels and followed one of his step-by-step articles in the Artist not so long ago. My attention was caught by Colin Verity's painting of the Lincoln Castle paddle steamer though, as I remember sailing on this when I was (very) young, whenever me and my family travelled across the Humber from Grimsby to Hull; much quicker than going round! This was before the Humber Bridge was built. Great selection of paintings everyone!

Edited
by Karen Lewis

His ships are beautifully painted and I can appreciate the skill taken to produce them, even though the subject doesn’t really appeal to me. Was going to post one of his watercolour landscapes, but see Lewis has beaten me to it.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Thanks for all of the postings .   Those by Steve Hall.  Are a delight, Mr Verity's ships are so beautifully painted.  .
Not to interrupt the thread, but the grandeur of Thomas Moran's ( long passed on now) paintings are worth a look. He's classed as an American but was born in my home town of Bolton. I've seen a couple of his large works up close here in the past in our local art gallery. He actually had one in the White House at one time, 
Just looked at his work Jim , he is a fine artist and I will add him to the list to be included in a future thread . Thanks for passing on his name . 
Two more excellent artists Alan and Dixie- so very skilful. A pleasure to see them both. 
A few more before the end of the week and we have the bonus artist .
Whilst I appreciate his talent in painting ships, I have to say I do like his landscapes, pity it seems he didn’t paint more, and if I had to chose one for my wall, it would be the last landscape above which I think is lovely.
As you can imagine Tessa I’m a great fan of his ships, then trains etc but I do agree his landscape are really good, I to would love to see more . I did do a google search using his name and landscapes , it came up with mostly ships and the a few landscape . He is definitely in my top ten artists , his skill is amazing. 
Yes I also looked and couldn’t find much more than you have shown above. I agree that his ships and trains are brilliant in their detail and I assume accuracy. A very skilful artist who I had not heard of before.
I hope you have enjoyed this week’s selection of artwork and hopefully found a few paintings that you particularly liked. Next weeks featuring artists are , Chris Kupinski and Audrey Johns . 
All very appealing paintings. My favorites are also the landscapes. Thankyou, Alan and Dixie.
Showing page 3 of 3