Inspiration from Artists Wk 71 : Jenny McCabe and Alan Owen

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Thank you Carol, both Jenny and I enjoy running the thread and it’s certainly a joint effort . We are a little concerned that sometimes there seems little support ie not a lot of comments , but I suspect a lot of people look at the thread but don’t  comment. I would  like to know how many people view it just out of curiosity, unfortunately Dawn tells me there is no way of knowing. Thank you to all of you that look in and enjoy the artwork.
As some-one who is not always moved to comment, I still browse all the postings in this thread and enjoy the vast majority.  Quite how you have kept the thread alive with so many artists is a mystery but it is an effort much appreciated.
Thank you Tony I appreciate that you have commented I do know you look in you have and do contribute. As long as people enjoy the thread and it’s serving a purpose I and I’m sure Jenny will keep it going , it’s nice to know it’s still working .  There are so many talented artist out there just waiting to be discovered, some of the artwork is just amazing.  It’s certainly worth seeking them out to share with you good folk, I must admit I have a bit of bet with myself sometimes about how a artist might be received.  I’m very often surprised with how some are revived when I thought they may not go down so well, I definitely wouldn’t make a very good art critic . 
I agree wholeheartedly with Tony. I am one of those who read this thread and rarely comment. I do appreciate the effort that goes in to it. I have been introduced to many that I would never have discovered on my own. 
I don’t REALY get the chance, to keep on top of it. But if I catch it right, like this week, I can see it all the way through.I enjoyed the art Deco week , especially when the art of the railway poster was mentioned, this is a favourite style for me. But it was over so quickly I never got chance to see. it all. I also appreciate the effort that goes into something like this to keep it fresh and interesting. 
I do appreciate your kind comments . Alan we could set up a railway poster week , where people can post one they participate like . 
Just noticed this one - I for one DO always look at the thread, but occasionally - slack-jawed with amazement usually - don't comment.  (Except to myself, along the lines of "call yourself a painter, do you?").  
Showing page 3 of 3