Inspiration from Artists Wk 108 Featuring Artists are Mike Bernard and Peter Kuhfeld .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 3
Some of his work thst I particularly like, hood I haven’t duplicated any .
I find some of them a bit too whimsical - not so keen on combining figurative painting with primitivist touches: eg the standard symbol for gulls intruding on an otherwise well-painted picture, and certainly those sheep - which make it look as though the artist's children got hold of their pictures and added their own touches.  Others may find this adds to the pictures' appeal.
He’s said he aims to create a semi-abstract, impressionistic feel to his paintings and I think both the gulls and collaged sheep are in keeping with this.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Like much else, it's a matter of opinion: I can see what he's doing, understand broadly why he does it, and what I find incongruous many others will find highly appealing.  It's the contrast within a work I'm finding it a bit difficult to get excited about - but this might have as much to do with the pain from a strained muscle as from any aesthetic issue; perhaps I shouldn't let it grumpify me, but - it does!
A couple more of Mike Bernard’s paintings before I introduce Peter Kuhfeld.
I like the Trafalgar Square one Dixie, limited colours against the rainy day. I always admire anyone who can put together such a complex scene in any medium .
Sorry Jenny in jumping the gun and posting a bit earlier as I going out till quite late . Peter Kuhfeld 1952 is an English figurative painter who was born in Cheltenham. Between 1972 and 1976 he studied at Leicester School of Art. He worked from 1976 to 1978 at Rugby School of Art , where he gave lessons in drawing and painting before securing a place at the Royal Academy School of Art . During 1977-80 he studied under the painter Peter Greenham. In 2012 Kuhfeld was commissioned by Charles Prince Wales to Wales to paint the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.Prince Charles has been a patron of his and Kuhfeld painted portraits of Prince William and Prince Harry. In 2023 Peter was selected by King Charles to paint his State  portrait . Pete is married to Catheryn Kuhfeld  a figurative painter and the have two daughters who often appear in their paintings. I hope you enjoy my selection of his artwork.
Undoubted talent, but I find them all with a "posed" slightly unnatural look about them. The landscapes are fine. 
I particularly like the old war veteran, just my thing and so superbly captured!
I think the 'old war veteran' is Harry Patch, a wonderful man and a true hero
I agree with you Russell . Just thought I would show some more of his artwork particularly his landscape paintings I much prefer them to portraits but that applies to any artists work .
Showing page 2 of 3