Inspiration from Artists Week 98 : Peter Brown and JE Marak

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Thank you Tessa for a great introduction to this artist some lovely paintings selected . Julius Eduard Marak 1833 - 1899 a Czech post impressionist artist who learned the basics of  drawing Antonin Dvorak . From the beginning of the 1850s he studied art at the Prague Academy and continued proved studies with Leopold Rottmam in Munich . In 1887 Julius Marak was called to head the re-established landscape studio at the Prague Academy. I hope you enjoy my selection of his paintings, the outstanding thing about his paintings for me is the trees he paints then so well.
I do like his work Dixie, he’s new to me and I will look further tomorrow.
Great stuff - somewhat along the lines of Peter Mork Monsted, but with a very individual touch.  And he paints my favourite things.  
I found a few more that I like. His trees are superb. Difficult to find much about him.
I has a problem getting information about him Tessa hence the very short introduction which  is almost all I could find . I agree with you Robert very similar to PMM , but still having his own style in there as well. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

The last couple of images are vaguely reminiscent of Thomas Moran, an American scenic painter (who was actually born in my home town of Bolton England). I've seen a couple of his (Moran's) work close up as they were on display in our local art gallery for a while. This is just one of his..
Interesting comparison Jim I will look him up and add him to my list , thanks from a grateful Yorkshireman. 
Next week featuring artists are : John Yardley and Jane Denton . 
Showing page 2 of 2