Inspiration from Artists Week 97 : Ethel Kirkpatrick and Maja Wronska

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
A few more, I looked back through the selections above, and her website, and find her limited use of people fascinating, the chap carrying his Christmas tree grabs me every time. People bring humanity to a painting.  I think this may be one of those examples where we see a huge collection of her work (she is very prolific) and which is obviously similar in style and subject, and are inclined to think it a bit too much, and we might appreciate it more if we saw less! Does that make sense!? 
The carousel in the snow storm is just brilliant Tessa, and I also loved the detail of the guy carrying the Christmas tree. I think that putting figures (or any animals) in landscapes adds something intangible. I know Tai Shan Schierenberg  on LAOTY doesn’t like it, but it’s something I really like.  I also think the bulk viewing of any artist’s work, it can be overwhelming especially if the paintings are as vibrant as Maja Wronska’s and are of a consistent style (thinking Hockney here) but in this case I’m happy to be overwhelmed. :-)
Not the best at posting pics, I'd nevertheless suggest two artists well worth looking up: Female Chinese watercolour artist, Lisa Wang and Brazillian artist Euedes Correia. Both are amazingly talented.
Jim many thanks I will add them to the list, would you like to do the introduction when they feature in a few months time .
Jim many thanks I will add them to the list, would you like to do the introduction when they feature in a few months time .
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 12/01/2024 14:51:59
Thank you Paul. I would have trouble with the images as my fingers aren't as nimble as the could be from arthritis (I draw and paint with fore finger and thumb as two fingers on my right hand are either dislocated or broken. At my age I don't fancy waiting 11 hours in our local A&E so I just put up with them.) , and would be obliged if you or someone else could feature them or no at your discretion.
I understand the problem Jim only to well having just had surgery on my hands . I will happily feature them for you and will acknowledge that you selected the artists . Do offer up more I  you have  names I or someone will do the rest . 
Paul, we looked at Eudes Correia very recently as a bonus artist - I thought I recognised the name.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Thank Jenny I also thought the name was familiar and was just about to check it out. 
What a fabulous Artist, really like the buildings and the interesting angles. The work is so detailed and delicate, really a treat to view.
Next was featuring artist are : Peter Brown and J E Marak .
Showing page 2 of 2