Inspiration from Artists week 52 , Birthday week

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Excellent choice Jenny , is anyone else having the same problem as me , who to choose as we have seen so many excellent paintings. They are all so good picking out the best is the problem I think. 
Another artist I hadn’t come across before we started this thread is the Welsh artist Wilf Roberts.  I really like his bold style and the rugged Welsh landscapes he painted.
Jenny Harris on 28/02/2023 17:39:07
Love this work. It reminds me of the work of Kyffin Williams a lot.
A good choice Martin and welcome to the thread good to have you with us. If you have any artist that you would to feature please let me know and I will add them to the list. 
Thank you Paul. I haven't done very well with involvement on the Forums so thought I should make more effort. Currently I am very inspired by Bertha Wegmann - realism, wonderful light and skin tones but still a painterly approach.
Another painter in Bertha Wegmann whom I'd not encountered before - and what great paintings they are!  Costumes apart, they could have been painted yesterday. And yes, again, to the three Wilf Roberts paintings just above.  Very Welsh!
Martin would you like me to add her to the list you could do the introduction when she feature , it won’t be for a couple of months . 
Thanks for the offer Paul but I don't really know that much about her - other than finding her work inspiring. I tend not to have much time to study the life of artists these days as I would rather be creating the art when I have time. (it's Gary by the way - it happens a lot that people call me Martin though - my parents fault for giving me all first names).
Sorry Garry , I will put her on the list , if you change your mind you can do the intro , all you need to do is say who she is and why you like her work no need for a in depth intro. It will be good to see her work and I’m sure others will enjoy seeing it , I tend to do the intro if no one else steps in and I know very little about the artists. 
Next weeks featuring artist are Angela Harding and John Byrne. I will posting the bonus Artist shortly, have a good weekend. 
Showing page 2 of 2