Inspiration from Artists Week 46 Jonathan Wolstenholme and Evind Earl.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
Welcome Alan. Here are some stills from the Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom movie, a short made by Disney in 1951.  Eyvind was responsible for the look and colour design of this film, he also did the backgrounds.  At that time a very different look from the normal Disney output.   It won an Oscar. I just love 'em.
I was searching Eyvind Earle artwork and came across this one which I quite like, entitled Wild Horses Wading through Marshes: Eyvind Earle.  In fact it’s an AI artwork which someone has recently created (presumably using Eyvind Earle a prompt) and posted on Night Cafe Studio,  a site where the AI community of artists post their work.  Worth a look, some interesting stuff.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Ah, the dreaded AI, which we've been discussing elsewhere.  I don't like it much Jenny.  I wouldn't have recognised it as Eyvind Earle's work...which it isn't of course.  I must admit to a slight sigh of relief at that, maybe AI isn't all it's cracked up to be...yet!!
There are also a couple of other AI artworks on that site inspired by Eyvind Earle - but this is one of his: Three Horses. Love the colours and dramatic landscape.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Two excellent artist again this week . I will post the bonus artist thread later this evening and on Sunday open next weeks thread . The artist featuring next week are Shirley Trevana ( hope I have the correct spelling Jenny)and Edward Hersay . I will be making a couple of changes to the list in the next few days as I need to move a couple and add a couple more . 
Almost right, Paul - Shirley Trevena.
Showing page 4 of 4