Inspiration from Artists Week 43 Featuring Artists : Anne Toms and Keith Bowen.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Oh ,yes these are magic especially the sheep and snow...thanks Jenny. Lots of both. right opposite me at the moment. The simplified shapes and almost naivety ...splendid. Great choice Paul . 
A great pair of painters this week, and again unknown to me before now. I'm in particular awe of Keith Bowen - the Milkman is my favourite I think.
A slight change to next weeks Artists to give Robert the opportunity to fully recover and he had a featuring artist next week.  Next week will feature Iosif Derecichel and Ray Lichtenstein . In the meantime some more of Sue Campions paintings .
I do like her snow scenes and landscapes in general. Very good perspective.
Paul, could you please add Charlie Mackesy and Ian MacCulloch to your list.  Thanks.
Will do Jenny . Having just looked t there work I can can see why you like them both Jenny Ian McCullock particularly.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Can't make my mind up about Sue Campion.  I am tempted to say some of her works would look great on a Christmas card, but unfortunately that is often used as a derogatory comment whereas I mean it as a compliment.  Keith Bowen on the other hand.......his use of colour in the landscape really appeals to me, it's subtle yet so appropriate.  Even so the image that stick in my mind the most is the gentleman with the prize bull.
I thought Keith Bowen’s work so good I ordered and received today his Snowdon Shepherd book. What a treat! Thanks again Sylvia for the intro.

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

Paul, while I'm recovering steadily, can I put Anne Toms off until January?  I'll make a better job of it then. 
Certainly Robert I was not planning on you introducing her for a few more weeks anyway.  As to you confusion regarding Lancastrians and us Yorkshire folk , I can understand that , it wasn’t until the building of the M62 and the Snake Pass convention that it became difficult to tell the difference. It was followed the Convention and the That’ll Messem up downt south agreement that cross breading began . As you know before that Lancastrians had a short right leg and Yorkshireman had a short left let , this was to enable us to run around the hills at speed in different directions. The agreement was that it was better fun to confuse and wind up southerners than to fall out with each other hence the now similarity in looks  etc.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Yup I have a very short right leg Paul..eee by gum...those Southerners  are easy to flummox...Give me a Yorkshire man every time.
This Lancastrian also is good at posting things twice....

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Showing page 3 of 3