Inspiration from Artists Week 37 Bonus Artist John Lines

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Well its so nice to post a artists work and have a interesting conversation about his work certainly make the research etc so worthwhile. 
Very happy to join in the general chorus of approval - I love the humorous touches in his allotment and the Sunday sinners paintings, his masterful marine paintings, and his gorgeous green landscapes - they're all worth far more than one good look, there's so much to find in all of them.  I had heard of him before, I think - not entirely sure, and I may be confusing him with someone of the same name with whom I once served on a housing association board: not an arty type at all!  In any event, I had never seen these paintings before; and they're great to see.
I was interested in Alan’s information that most of his maritime paintings are large. I have only seen his smaller work, looking at one of the gallery websites, a lot are 17” x 15” which is what I must have seen.  I do like the character of his work and as you say Dixie, there’s a familiarity in a lot of it, especially as my hubby has an allotment- endless subject matter there, and some of his people are spot on!
Tessa Gwynne on 06/11/2022 16:58:20
Tessa, I can only comment on what I have seen at the Mall gallery where I have seen  some very large Marine paintings 3 feet or more wide.  As you say though he has done some smaller ones. This one is around 35” wide.

Edited
by Alan Morris

Another excellent painting with lots to look at. I always like the natural look of his figures. This scene would certainly deserve a larger canvas.
Showing page 2 of 2