Inspiration from Artists week 34 Bonus Artist Jack Morrocco

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Sorry for the late postings. This weekend’s bonus artist is Jack Morrocco FRSA . Jack was born in Edinburgh in 1953 and is a Scottish artist with a rich artistic heritage and trained at one of Scotlands most respected art schools Duncan of Jordanstone School of Art and Design. He is the son of an artist and an Architect and is the nephew of the painter Alberto Morrocco.  Another one of the many new artists I have discovered recently I hope you enjoy the artwork. 
What a great name to have: beats Jones hands down.  I like this artist's work - I wasn't aware of it before, so this thread continues to teach us all - and inspires one to seek out more.   I think I like the first one you posted, and the last one, best: I like the freedom of his style, and those key flashes of colour which enliven what we might call his people-scape; well worth studying for inspiration, and enjoying for that dolce vita feel.  
Bright ,colourful ,busy and as Robert says a great name...it beats Evans as well.    I find the slight blurring a bit odd or is it my eyes or is it the photographer ?   Full of atmosphere.
His uncle Albert paints in bright colours and I can see the influence it had on Jack, I might post a couple of the uncles works tomorrow for interest sake . 
I love the work of the original Scottish Colourists and this artist is apparently known as the modern Scottish Colourist. Hadn’t seen his work before - I like all the paintings Paul has posted, but especially the beach scene.  Love his bright, colourful style.  He has painted a beautiful lily pond series.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Really good choice Jenny the colours are superb. Another selection of his paintings the still life with the glass is done beautifully.
I love these colourful paintings by Jack Morrocco, I agree with Robert on the reasons why. I wasn't aware of this artist before either - so 'thank you' for introducing him to us Paul.
Thought I would add Jack Morroccos uncle Alberto Morrocco 1917 -1998 a Scottish born artist and teacher. 

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.