Inspiration from Artists Week 101 : Brian Nolan and June Crawshaw.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thanks Andy. Some of these threads disappear so quickly! I just had another look at his website and selected these that I like.
N June Crawshaw born in 1936 a British artist who is throughout the art wold . I’m mot  making a big introduction as most of us on the site are aware of her work and of the many books she has produced herself and in conjunction with her artist husband Alwyn . It was Artist like June and Alwyn that I looked to when I first started to paint as they style appeal to me, I still enjoy her work , it actually difficult to think of both her and Alwyn separately as I inevitably see both of  their work when I’m think of the other . There is a difference between the styles but both also have a similar feel and look to them.  Hope you enjoy my selection from her many excellent paintings.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

W hile I'm sure June and Alwyn must have had the occasional cross word pass between them, they've always struck me as the perfect couple - each inspiring, learning from, contributing to the other's work.  They have trundled far along life's highway, and I hope they keep going on for just as long as they want to - because they've inspired so many of us: their videos were always a delight, their books both informative and encouraging.   As one who had a very negative father, and with a landlord who, with the best will in the world, emulates many of his least supportive aspects, I understand how important encouragement and enthusiasm are. 
Just bringing it up again  with one more of her paintings 
Paul, I especially like the third and fourth of your selection where she’s used collage - lovely composition and colours - and I also like the ducks and cat, but tend to find the colour in a lot of her work too watery.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I do agree re the watery look of her painting I like to see thin paint in watercolour however she paints a bit to watery for me .
Some are rather more water than colour - a criticism that can be laid against many watercolourists - but in this selection alone you can see that's not always the case.  
None of these would stop me in my tracks, so to speak. A mix of very good, good and ordinary without ever being sensational, but that's just one opinion. I like the style but agree with others about their lack of colour impact. "There are maidens in Scotland, more lovely by far, that would gladly be bride to the Young Lochinvar!".....Quite why that popped into my head, I haven't the faintest idea..(-: 

Edited
by Jim Morris

Showing page 2 of 2