Inspiration From Artists Week 100. We are a hundred .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Welcome to the 100 week of Inspiration from Artists , it doesn’t seen that long ago that I approached Dawn with the idea of a weekly thread introducing artist. Fortunately Dawn was open to the idea and supported me by posting the very first thread . Before going any further I would like to thank the Publishers and  Dawn for letting us have the space to post so many great artists . I cannot have managed to keep it going on my own and a great big thank you to Jenny who posts regularly and offers advice and let’s me know when I’ve got t wrong, Thanks Jenny . The thread would not have run so long without the encouragement, enthusiasm and support of you good folks who offer names make comments or just look in ,  a very big thanks too you all . This week it’s a bit of a fee for all post any of the painting or even new ones of the artist that have need featured you can find their manes by looking back on the forum . I will start with the first two Artists that we featured:  Fred Cummings introduced by Dawn and Stanly Cursitter introduced by Gillian Cooke.  Fred’s painting not the one featured. Stanley’s painting s again not necessarily the ones featured .
It’s hard to believe this has reached 100! I’m now aware of many superb artists whom I didn’t know before, and it’s become part of my almost daily routine to look in and see what’s there each morning.  One I remember especially is the North Wales artist Keith Bowen who captures so well the rough landscape and hard life of the farming community. I hadn’t heard of him before, but I now have one of his books and he is one of my favourites. Not sure who introduced him, possibly Sylvia? Here are a couple I particularly like. It struck me that when we have looked at some artists, however much we like them, we don’t always appreciate seeing a lot of their work in one go. I don’t feel that with Keith Bowen. I could look at his work all day! Thanks again to Dixie and Jenny especially, and to all who have contributed. Here’s to the next 100!   Not sure why these only want to come out so small! 
So hard to choose just a few artists - so many ‘new favourites’ have been discovered during the 100 weeks the thread has been running.  (Big thank you to Paul for keeping it going for so long.)  These are some of them. Andrea Kowch Nick Wroblewski Iosif Derecichei Maggie Vandewalle Shelley Perkins And a few old favourites - Arthur Rackham Roger Dean Thelwell

Edited
by Jenny Harris

All fantastic Jenny. If I had to pick one it would be the bear and hare!
Tessa, that’s probably my favourite as well!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I’ll have to go with one of my all time favourite artists, the very same one that Dawn introduced. Fred Cuming has been an inspiration to me for many years, and sadly we lost Fred in 2022.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

I’m with the bear picture and the badgers in the snow , they are all excellent paintings . I agree about the difficulty of choosing that is why I took the easy option . Over  the weeks I have become aware of so many new artists and discovered that I liked some artists and their work that I would probably not have looked at before, it’s also good fun researching and see the reaction from all . 
As it's a free for all and we are looking back, I would like to offer 'Past Times Remembered' by our very own Lewis Cooper, who has been very much in our thoughts recently.  He has kept us amused for several years but this one, from 2017, reminds us that he has a serious side too. 
My favourite of these is the Stanley Cursitter painting - the seascape with cliff; probably because it reminds me of the Isle of Wight (though our cliffs don't look like that; different materials and colour); but of course, Thelwell - if giggling your socks off at a picture is the mark of a great artist, and I'm quite prepared to assert that it is (so longing as you're laughing with not at), then Thelwell is up there with the best of them.   I'm still cackling now - had to put my mug of coffee down or I'd have been as wet as the rider..
PS - Good thought, Tony, about Lew.   And of course, I agree with Alan about that fine artist, Fred Cuming. We've seen some great work over the last 100 outings - a testament to Dawn, Paul, Jenny, and POL. 
I will have a good look back as there have been so many incredible artists shown. All with their own different techniques and visions translating them into paintings. Difficult choosing a few, I will have a good look.
So glad Jenny highlighted Roger Dean again, that Badger painting is one of my favourites. I’ll plump for another painting by Pembrokeshire artist John Rogers who is based in St David’s.  This cottage is actually in Cornwall but the grouted roof is typical of Pembrokeshire:
Showing page 1 of 2