Inspiration from Artist Wk 93 Bonus Artist : Rupert Lee.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to week 93 bonus artist thread  this weekend we are looking at the work of Rupert Lee,  printer, sculptor, critic and teacher born in Bombay India. Lee studied at the Royal College of Art and The Slade School of Fine Art , wagered he became a friend of the artist Paul Nash. As well as acting as a art critic for several publications he lectured at Westminster School of Art. His sculptures can be found in a number of provincial churches at at the cathedral in Gibraltar.  I hope you enjoy my selection of his work. 
Quite hard to find much of his work apart from what you’ve already posted Dixie, but did find these of cats that I like.
I didn't know his work - not up to the level of Nash, clearly, but the 3rd and 4th ones down are effective.  
I’ve found a couple of his woodblock prints that I quite like.  I also like the first of Paul’s selection. Spider Monkey Eve

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I nearly posted the Spider monkey Jenny, good fun!

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

Tessa, yes, they’re very odd aren’t they - not sure what to make of them, they don’t appear to have heads!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I do admire his woodcut prints, I know from experience just how difficult it is to achieve this level of precision - I’ve used cherry wood and it’s rock hard, there are far easier methods of printmaking. A new name for me also…