Inspiration from Artist Wk 86 Bonus Artist Wolfgang Baxrainier

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weekend’s bonus artist threat the artist I’m featuring this weekend is Wolfgang Bexrainier who was born in 1943 ,  He lives and works as a freelance artist in Hallein / Salzburg , since 1976 he he led painting seminars in the techniques of watercolour, oil and acrylic but since 2000 he exclusively holds watercolour seminars. I unfortunately have not been able find much information about him as most of information is in Austrian Germany and  knowledge of the language is based on what I picked up when in the RAF and most of that is not polite I assure you . Non the less I hope you enjoy his superb artwork.
I looked him up, having the advantage of speaking a little German, but there's not much more information about him in any language than you've already given us.  He runs courses, some of his videos are on YouTube, but any further information is sparse - it seems that Herr Baxrainer prefers to let his work speak for him ... which it does very well.  I really like the third one down, and the penultimate one.   My ignorance I'm sure, but I don't really associate German painters with watercolour - I wonder if Tanja Gerster could tell us a little more about him, though of course he's a citizen of Austria, not Germany.  Same language though!  With regional variations.  Another good discovery, Paul - I wonder where you find some of them.  
Thank you for taking the time to try and get more information Robert I appreciate your trying. As to how do we find them well l suspect like Jenny I trawl the internet until I find something or someone think you will be appreciated, nice feeling when it happens.
I like some of his work.  This snow scene appeals.  (Paul, a lot of the artists I find just pop up on FB or I come across them in various art magazines.)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I also like this snow scene… undoubtedly a talented artist!
In passing, I wonder if painting snow in my part of the world is becoming anachronistic - we hardly ever get any, and also wonder what impact climate change will have: it could make it even less likely, or possibly - more.