Inspiration from artist Wk 108 Bonus artist Cathryn Kuhfeld

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weekends bonus artist thread featuring  Cathryn Kuhfeld 1957 , is a English artist , printmaker and wood engraver . Her subjects include wildlife and portraits sometimes featuring her two daughters. Cathryn’s work is held in many callers and private collections. Cathryn is married to the figurative artist Peter Kuhfeld who we featured last week . I hope you enjoy her work.
Really like this artist’s work, especially the prints and wildlife paintings, although the portraits are lovely - so different to her husband’s work which didn’t appeal to me at all.  Will take a further look at some more later.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

It’s the printmaking that appeals most to me also, but a fine artist in all disciplines!
Yes, I'll have all of those, ta!  The bluetits particularly, but if I ever get somewhere better to live, with more wallspace - I shall hang prints such as these.  The hedgehog one greatly appeals, but then so does everything else. 
Love it all, especially the wildlife. 
Another of her delightful blue tit paintings, in an almost frieze-like format.  

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Her work is lovely indeed, and varied. I’ve chosen a few more I like. Her variety of subject matter appeals to me. We have looked at some artists previously who have been popular but the response has been that they are all too similar, and one wouldn’t necessarily want to have a wall full of them. In Cathryn’s case I could take a wall full!
She definitely has a variety of paintings  and all are so beautifully done , very different to her husbands work and I have to say I think preferably. It’s amazing how one researching g one artist leads to another , I certainly would have been a lot harder pre internet hours in a library I often look at one and two or three pop up . 
A few more prints…