Inspiration From Artist Wk 105 Early Spring .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 4
We did look at Richard Thorn’s work earlier in this series - he’s basically a watercolour artist although does sometimes incorporate gouache, pastel, or acrylic to get the effects he wants.  One of my favourite landscape painters.  His spring painting above is watercolour and ink.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Those Monsted paintings have a feeling of ‘great to be alive’ about them!they are all excellent. I have chosen a couple of Van Goch’s, his Almond Blossoms Also Riverbank at Springtime.
Saw some lambs in a field  today, so thought of this from Ford Maddox-Brown. Gotta love that baby:
Though I would bring a some different style and bright colours to the scene .  I do be it’s important to show a good variety of work had some classic styles and from well known artist  I’ve gone more modern . 1 Rex Preston    Sunlight . 2  Erin Hanson    Spring Bloom 3 John Connolly   I to the light  4 Osnat Tzakok  Spring Time . 5 Niki Gulley 
Some just glorious paintings...a joy. Thanks.
I’ll be cheeky and promote myself with a springtime themed oil painting. The Footpath to Milwich, Early Spring, by Alan Bickley 
Nothing wrong with a bit of self promotion Alan especially when it’s such a nice painting. I did  hope that someone would offer their own work and why not many of you paint as well as some of the artists work I have looked at on this theme .
Very splendid Alan.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

I am indeed happy to welcome Alan Bickley, Esq., to the elite canon of British artists represented by these threads.  In fact - I'd like to see a thread devoted to his work.  
Thanks a lot, I’ve not got many paintings where I’ve used green, I’m more an autumn and winter artist when it comes to my palette. I thrive on the rich and varied earth colours that are available, and I’ve recently discovered some new names from Wallace Seymour! Paul did suggest that Robert, when he first started this now long running thread, but I wasn’t comfortable with it…
I like your choice of artist, Dixie. And can understand why you have chose these. I've never hear of this artist. Many thanks. All the paintings are a delight to view, however the third one down I like the best as the woodland floor, although, is not overly painted the species are known. Shuttlecock fern and wood anemone. The Beech trees are truly wonderful, also.
Understood, Alan - but of all of us, a) you deserve your own thread, and b) you could not only teach, but respond: many of the artists shown couldn't do that, and can only teach by their example.  
Showing page 3 of 4