Inspiration From Artist Wk 105 Early Spring .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Early Spring is a lovely idea and thought, and I really like all the paintings above, though not sure about the first one! I will have a look later to see what I can find.  🌼 
I know Dixie has already posted one painting by Alfred Sisley, but there are a fair number of Spring paintings in his catalogue, and he is a favourite of mine...so here is another one.  Spring in Venuex, 1880.
That’s a excellent painting you selected Tony there are no rules about showing work from the same artist. Sisley is a artist thst I’ve never really taken much notice of in the past but researching certainly opens our eyes as often we base our likes dislikes on one or two paintings. 
Not sure if May Morning counts as early spring (I guess it does up North). This is from Augusto Giacometti (father of Alberto), painted in 1910 and looking very modern still. Apologies for the shadows -- this is a photo I took in the Kunstsmuseum in Basel last year. It is a large canvas ~ 1.8 x 1.8 or so, and compelling to look at (see detail below). Here's a closer look showing the airy sparseness and yet thick paint application:
Two lovely examples above. I’ve just visited the Pompidou Museum in Malaga and lo and behold, there was Hockney’s “ Spring in Woldgate, E. Yorkshire”. It certainly caught the eye! And we mustn’t forget Botticelli’s “Primavera”.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Quin Xuan 1260-1305 Michael Ancher 1849-1927

Edited
by Denise Cat

A bright and breezy collection of paintings. I haven't seen Alfred Sisley mentioned for a very long time, one of my favorite painters.  I do like the painting you have posted by Quin Xuan, Denise. I've taken many pictures of spring blossom, they are a delight to paint. In the past I have saved a few pictures from the internet, but have been warned they could carry a virus with them. Ignoring my security, this happened, I will never do it again. Its just nice to view others choices.

Edited
by Carol Jones

‘That Spring Feeling’ by Richard Thorn.
Great paintings chosen by you all . A bit selfish I realise but taking them opportunity to showcase my favourite artists, Peder Mork Monsted these are some of his spring paintings I particularly like the woodland ones the trees are so beautifully painted.
Fabulous paintings - I wonder how many Monsted produced in a lifetime: must find out.  Pretty sure we'd all struggle to catch up, however prolific we might be.  
I would be so happy if I could paint just one single tree as well as he does, . I seen lots of his work Robert but not actually counted will see if Mr Google knows . Well one source said it reported that he painted 18000 in his lifetime he started painting at 15 so average roughly 33 or so paintings a year I think. 
1800 - strewth..... Well, I've lost count of how many I've painted; and a rather pertinent snag is that they're not as good as Monsted's anyway.  But while I might just have reached .... I don't know.... 500? - that would be about my top limit.  I shall just have to live to be 99 and still capable of holding a brush (we did have a painter on the Isle Wight who got to 100 years: one Cavendish "Cavey" Morton, whose work is well worth a look). A painting I didn't notice, for failure to scroll up the page, was the one posted by Jenny Harris, of a work by Richard Thorn: totally different technique, very bold colour, sharper greens and yellows than in a typical Monsted, yet remarkable in its own way- I'm wondering about the medium, and will guess at acrylic.  
Showing page 2 of 4