Inspiration From Artist Week 103 Featuring Artists : John Knapp Fisher and Christian Eurgal

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I would guess that he uses a whole tube (or more) of several colours on each painting… plus maybe sponsored by a brand. I’d never be able to afford a fraction of his stock!
Sorry but they’re too garish for me.
Heh - either he sells extremely well, or mum and dad left him a very substantial sum in the post office.... Garish - actually, I'm not sure I agree with quite that strong a judgement, but there again....  you wouldn't want one of these on every wall of the old homestead, would you?  And like Marjorie, I think, I do prefer quiet, subtle painting.   The yacht picture up above - I'd never paint like that, and even if I had the sort of money required, I wouldn't buy it, either; but - it does sort of grab me, all the same.  I'm more Corot than Dérain, Constable than Kandinsky.... but I think I like his confidence; he has clean lines, trembles just on the cusp of brash, but for me anyway doesn't tumble all the way over.  I know I'd like to get my itchy little paws on his paint-stash, anyway - there's a good £2,000 worth of paint there..... probably more.  My collection is rather more modest - and nowhere near so tidily stored.
I find these interesting, the more I look at them the more I like one or two.  Some minimal strokes conveying enough? He seems to use the same underpainting for some of them.  I'm wondering if the flat skies give an idea of the heat/coolness of the scene. As usual I like strong colour ( must get those cataracts sorted... :-)
Welcome to this week thread the Featuring artist this week are :  John Knapp Fisher and Christian Eurgal  , Andrew will open with his introduction to John Knapp Fisher and on Wednesday Jenny will introduced Christine Eurgal . I hope you all have a good week and enjoy the chosen artwork, have a  look at their work on line and pick one out that you particularly like.
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 18/02/2024 18:15:51
Unfoortunately the website link goes to a gambling site. I was lucky enough to be passing the John Knapp-fisher studio in Pembrokeshire and found it open (every other time it had been closed). I nipped in to buy some post cards and came out with a framed print. It is located in John's studio but usually open by appointment only.
How lucky you were to see his work . I don’t know why the link goes to a gambling site. 
Seems that the domain was updated in March by whoever has now bought it.  I've made a comment on the wikipedia page advising it is no longer valid :-(
How lucky you were to see his work . I don’t know why the link goes to a gambling site. 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 11/04/2024 20:09:19
I will try and contact the gallery to let them know. I have uploaded some photos of the gallery
I bought a framed print, second from last photo, left hand side bottom, it has the farmhouse with dormers and two tall chimney stacks! I loved the darkness of the sky and fooreground, the buildings almost shine out.
Showing page 3 of 3