How did your style evolve or are you still searching ?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 5 of 5
Just checked out Vince Low's work and I have to say it's very impressive. His style and 'technique' are very interesting and having seen his work, would now be easy to recognise. Does style and technique amount to the same thing?
Russell Edwards on 30/03/2020 12:26:08
Hi Russel, i’m not familiar with this artists work, i guess without a certain type of technique the style would not be dominant, i judge this by my own efforts, the techniques i apply to drawing and painting a scene does play a big part in how my work looks.  Interesting question which could be open for more debate i guess 👍🏼

Edited
by Tony Compton

I don't recognize the singer, which at my age is probably not surprising, but that's certainly an example of style, in that one would know who the artist was without having to search for the name.   I don't know that one really 'strives' for style - it's something that builds over time: once you've mastered the basics, and all that takes is practice and a lot of it, the individual approach shows through - and: that's style.  
Robert Jones, NAPA on 30/03/2020 09:58:43
that is bruno mars. wow, his artwork so real that people know who is in the artwork without searching his name like you said before hehe.
Just checked out Vince Low's work and I have to say it's very impressive. His style and 'technique' are very interesting and having seen his work, would now be easy to recognise. Does style and technique amount to the same thing?
ya, search about him too and his artwork is so cool, looks so real. i really love this one. guess people can recognize his more on his artwork as well in future.
agree with u. his style of just scribbling differ from others. already look at his website and his artwork is so nice though.
Personally, I prefer the more traditional ‘art school’ style of drawing, this verges on ‘gimmicky’.
Everyone to their own Alan, a poor world if we are all alike although I share your view. My drawing style is best described as 'frustrating' as the results vary widely depending on the subject. Can manage draughtsmanship as I was taught technical drawing but more creative stuff is a challenge. With painting I believe palette is a key to style as one learns to use certain colours. my paintings improve every time I go back to a restricted palette I learnt a long time ago. If I extend my palette too much results suffer and they don't look like 'my' paintings. 
Showing page 5 of 5