Five years loitering with intent.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
At our age Dixie it's nice to be new at something.
May 2015 was my first posting, and I’m up to just over 600. Of course, like many of us I expect, I don’t post everything I produce, I probably complete at least ten sketches a week as well as other stuff of no great importance! I do on occasion post one or two of the more finished sketches.
Your certainly not wrong there Lew , can’t remember when I was last new at anything. Alan I’m sure your right that most people produce more than they posted .  I have what I call lots of doodling in sketch pads and painting pads that are really just messing about looking for ideas etc , I certainly would never post them and I doubt that I would show them to anyone. 
April 2015 was when I first posted and It was the best thing I've ever done regarding my 'art work.' Prior to this no-one apart from family and friends had ever seen anything I'd ever done, so to be able to 'exhibit' work and receive feedback and advice from fellow artists was and still is pretty special. My confidence, self belief and output has grown during the last several years or so and it's all down to POL - my heartfelt thanks to all connected to this wonderful site. 
It’s only since 2019 that I’ve been a member on the POL site and I joined it after encouragement from a friend who’d joined. I have to say that it has become part of my art journey and also my daily routine. Even though I don’t post so often, I love to check in and see all the different styles and subjects that are on the gallery and forum. This site is like supportive arty family whose encouragement  and kind comments have helped to spur me on to keep painting and posting. So thank you POL and all you lovely artists who belong to it. 
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments about the site - it's a pleasure to work with you all!
I don't remember when I first posted - possibly I could find out if I tried, but all I know is: I was a much younger man!   Sylvia - whose poetic efforts I have.... noted - is certainly the doyenne of the site, because as has been pointed out, she had two identities over the years.   The other institution, if I may employ that term without making her sound like a municipal Slipper Baths, is Dawn Farley, who kicked the whole thing off when we were ALL much younger.

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

Slipper baths, Sylvia, Dawn…this begins to remind me of one of Lewis’s wondrous collections! The oldest of mine I could find was 2019. I must admit I didn’t look very hard but I feel it must be longer than that. It would be nice to be able to search in date order. I should join in the thanks to the POL team and all who post and comment. It’s been a great help, interest and inspiration in the last few years especially during lockdowns etc.. On a couple of occasions when I’ve needed technical help Dawn has been prompt in sorting things out for me.  So thanks all, and here’s to the same again in the future. 👍😊
I think I joined early 2019 after my daughter gave me s year’s subscription of Liesure Painter for Mother’s Day. I had lost my art mojo and she wanted me to find it again… and I did. I discovered the website and forum reading the magazine and the rest is history! Like many of you it has become my daily routine. I have made virtual friends here and I have thrived as an artist with the support and encouragement of you all. Thanks for POL and all who sail in her !  

Edited
by Gillian Cooke

You must have instigated that bit of doggerel Robert...did you ever delete all of your pics? 
 I think I bought a magazine subscription at the TALP at Patchings in summer 2019, then loitered for a couple of months before joining about Feb 2020, just before the plague took over the world. I don’t often post, but do look in most days. I do like the wide mix of people and their respective talents. Have had a lot of good advice from members, plus valuable work in progress critique. So, muchos thanks to POL from me too, and not forgetting the superstars who regularly zap all the spam!
I guess this site works so well for the simplest of reasons, we're all trying to do the same thing...make pictures... we know it isn't easy, and so offer a sympathetic ear.  Looking at other peoples work is also a spur to get something done yourself. I also take more notice of members comments, rather than manufacturers claims, about the multitude of art equipment out there to tempt us.  

Edited
by Lewis Cooper

Showing page 2 of 2